layout element
Mood image  

Travel health insurance for all nationalities
easy online application worldwide

For more than 25 years, international students, au pairs, internship and work & travel participants, tourists, guest scientists and high school students have relied on CareMed insurance plans when looking for insurance protection abroad. CareMed offers high quality travel health insurance and optional accident and third party liability insurance at a reasonable price. Policies are especially adapted to the needs of young travelers abroad.

CareMed insurance plans fulfill requirements for your visa application worldwide (Work & Holiday in Australia and New Zealand, J1 visa, Schengen Visa). Are you traveling and need help urgently? Our multi-lingual 24-hour assistance will help you right away. Additionally, your personal login makes all necessary information as well as insurance documents easily available while traveling. This way you take advantage of support in insurance matters any time.

CareMed has the right travel insurance for you, suitable for all nationalities and destinations.
Travel Health Insurance    

Travel Health Insurance

Additional to travel health insurance CareMed offers travel accident indemnity insurance, travel assistance and travel third party liability insurance as an add-on.

as of  € 0,95/US$ 1,19 per day

Au Pair Insurance    

Au Pair Insurance

Special policy for Au Pairs’ needs. Au Pairs or the host family can purchase CareMed insurance for destinations worldwide. You can choose between two tailor-made insurance plans: Au Pair Basic and Au Pair Profi.

as of  36,00 € per month

Travel Emergency Insurance    

Travel Emergency Insurance

If you already have national or private health insurance for your stay abroad, this insurance offers the ideal additional coverage (e.g. medical transport back home). Detailed information is available here.

as of  3,50 € per month
Travel cancellation insurance    

Travel cancellation insurance

In case you need to cancel your trip on short notice, cancellation insurance offers additional protection. Costs will be covered for unforeseen reasons (for example: severe injury/illness or death of close relative).

as of  12,00 € one-time

Work and Travel Insurance

If you are going abroad as a work & traveler, volunteer, intern, trainee or backpacker, you will find applicable travel insurance coverage for your adventure abroad on the following website: Work and Travel Insurance!

Are you already abroad? Under certain circumstances, you will exceptionally be able to enroll for travel insurance while abroad. View details.


Student insurance for your study abroad or international internship

Incomings & Outgoings as well as trainees, guest scientists and their families, language students and Erasmus students may request a quote for travel health insurance and easily enroll online.